[SOLVED] Video streaming with gstreamer

I’m attempting to install gstreamer on the Navio+ distro. I’m using the instructions in the docs: http://docs.emlid.com/Navio-APM/video-streaming/

All is well except it fails on the installation of the gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad with the following error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:

> gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad : Depends: libchromaprint0 (>= 0.2) but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: libopencv-calib3d2.3 but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: libopencv-contrib2.3 but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: libopencv-features2d2.3 but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: libopencv-highgui2.3 but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: libopencv-legacy2.3 but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: libopencv-objdetect2.3 but it is not going to be installed
>                             Depends: librsvg2-2 (>= 2.36) but it is not going to be installed
> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

The h264parse is required in the pipeline I will be using and is in this particular plugin. I’m hoping someone else has run into this as I believe it is unique to this Navio distro. I have not had issues in the past with installing gstreamer on other RPI distros. What I have tried:
–apt-get install -f
–apt-get update
–apt-get upgrade

Any way to break those dependencies? I have a feeling they relate to parts of the distro that were stripped out by Emlid.

Had a similar issue setting up a RasPi security camera and it was necessary to change the RasPi apt source from the “wheezy” to “testing” repository, then the correct (newer) library versions were available. The problem was not with the OS image, it was the development packages not available in the package manager repository.

It’s something like “sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.” and scroll along to change “wheezy” to “testing”. (some Linux expert please correct me :wink: ).

If that is the solution, it’s not Emlid’s fault. The RasPi foundation appears to be a bit slow approving their packages from the standard repository. The blog posts I read with this solution for my problem were old so an update is long overdue.

1 Like

Thanks @CodeChief! That source trick worked after I figured out how to clear out the cache. I had to remove just about all the files under /var/cache/apt and the run apt-get clean. After that the package installed.

1 Like