[SOLVED] How to Compile the Code

Maybe you can post your exact command lines, people will be able to help…

I did not have any issues, so posting your commands will highlight your issues…

Ok I will try to start from scratch and keep thorough track since things have been jumbled. Thanks for all your help

Ok I started from the beginning. I reimaged my disk with the rpi linux given. I have the navio+ board. I cloned the github and did all of the steps directly on my pi as listed in these instructions: http://docs.emlid.com/navio/Navio-APM/building-from-sources/
I downloaded 4.8.4 of gcc, and update the find_tools.mk file as suggested.
After make navio I received the messahe Firmware is in ArduCopter.elf

The way to run the APM as listed in the basic instructions (sudo ArduCopter-quad -A …) no longer works here, and as suggested above, I instead tried sudo ./ArduCopter.elf -A udp:GCSIP:14550 which returned the same error message again of PANIC: failed to take _bus->sem 100 times in a row, in AP_Compass_AK8963

I hope this helps to clarify. And thank you for any help you may be able to give!

Great that you have finally compiled everything. I would suggest you close this thread and open a new one for your compass error,

Maybe in that post, describe exactly your hardware model, so other people with the same hardware can comment. You may have a faulty hardware.

I’m assuming that “closing” it just means to add “solved” to the title? And thank you. I asked other people in a thread about a similar issue, so I hope that i can find out from there. Thanks for your help!