Software to survey on the ground

Also, as a general question: does anyone here have experience using Unreal Engine 4? It seems to me like it has tons of applications for making garden / landscape design. Also because you would be able to let your client walk around in their garden as it would look 5 / 15 / 30 years into the future. Maybe even using 3D goggles! :smiley:

I love all the programs like archicad but they do seem a bit clunky when compared to modern day game engines that can render a lifelike world.

Look at some of the stuff that is out there!

1 Like

a question only I would ask, how much do your clients pay for the walk though their virtual garden and who are those clients?

I am a big fan of Unreal Engine and we are developing models of historical villages. However, as far as I know Unity 3D currently has a better platform for viewing real world models in real world conditions. I mean viewing a model at real life scale with your viewport position based on gps coordinates and direction.There would be lots of cool applications for this.

3 Likes

Well let’s go then… We do this with our iPads in construction. I did see VR at a local construction tech show and it was pretty darn cool. We can now combine the civil site model, underground utility model, the drone surface and the building model into one navigable master.

1 Like

I use Amazon Web Services. They have an application called Amazon Sumerian for AR/VR scene development.

Sumerian? Ruthless…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.