Setting out a surface tin in Emlid flow

Lets agree to disagree. I see a meme in the horizon :sweat_smile:

Link to origin https://pin.it/4dk3axv
Btw, I have a architect for a neighbour. He does some funky shit but I always think he doesnt know betterā€¦

3 Likes

I have issues with architects not having a mathematical closed building. All claim to have vast knowledge in AutoCAD, but their designs are not square, dimensioned units not correct and this is the most insaneā€¦ I give them everything tied to the NSRS (state plane coordinates) and they move the entire drawing to 0,0 coordinates, and canā€™t convert from decimal feet to inches.

I suspect most architects donā€™t actually do any cad work, they have their CAD technicians do the work. Thatā€™s probably 90% of the problem in itself. Many wonā€™t even return your call or acknowledge your emails if thereā€™s a problem. The few that do respond usually say ā€œyou and the builder decide what to doā€. I told a client of ours about the issue and the client threatened to find another architect. That usually gets their attention real quick, the architect finally revised the drawing and admitting it was their fault. They usually blame the surveyors first then the builders.

3 Likes

Hi Zach,

No worries, your +100 are noted :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I miswrote. I wanted to convey the message that the techs deserve sympathy, not the architects. May the latter step on Lego every time they wake up for a night pee.

2 Likes

Just adding here some support to the request feature as this seems to be largely used in the construction sector, at least from my knowledge in France.

2 Likes

Hi Florian,

We saw your request in the email, thank you! Itā€™s also noted.

Im waiting for a surface stakeout tool. If it comes out id shift to a paid user immediately. Construction staking in sweden.

1 Like

Hi Jonatan,

Welcome to our forum!

Iā€™ve noted your request and passed it on to the team. Thereā€™s no ETA for now, though.

2 Likes

+1 for surface stakeout

2 Likes

Hi @Brocxen,

Yours is noted!

I will defenetively pay for a surface stake out

3 Likes

Hello
You could use Fieldgenius, TCP-GPS, Surpad, etc.

You have any software for topografic with this feature and most of them have been on the market for quite some time. Nothing difficult for a surveyor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.