Set/edit elevation mask angle in raw RINEX file logged by RS2?

Hello - I was hoping to get some clarification on whether setting the elevation mask angle and SNR mask in the RTK menu of the ReachView app actually affects what data is collected in the raw RINEX log files. I am logging the raw RINEX files for a base station setup over an unknown location with my RS2. My base station location is not ideal (only for test purposes at the moment), and I would prefer to set an elevation mask angle to ~20-25 degrees to ideally obtain an improved(?) solution by reducing potential multi-path signals from nearby buildings and trees. Do the settings in the RTK menu of the ReachView app affect what is recorded in the raw RINEX files? Or are these RTK settings/filters related to the position that gets transmitted to a rover unit?

When I submit the RINEX files to the NRCan CSRS-PPP service for post-processing to obtain the base coordinates, I note that the output says that the elevation mask angle applied is 7.5 degrees, which includes obstacles in my current testing area.

As a follow-on question: If I did not adjust the elevation mask angle or SNR mask in the RTK settings for a previously recorded RINEX file, but would like to filter the data to remove low angle satellites before submitting the RINEX file to the NRCan CSRS-PPP service for processing, are there recommended tools for editing these raw data files?

Thanks!

Only the Hz collection concerns the the logging. All the rest are ignored for the logs.

I don’t know of such a tool, sorry. However, 30 degrees mask is usually too much anyhow. Simply creates for a bad GDOP.

3 Likes

Hi @cryosphere,

Agree with Christian. However, even though the elevation mask isn’t applied to the data before processing in PPP services, they usually can calculate precise coordinates fine.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.