Rtk averaging single mode

Hello, I use EMLID RS2 for the Base and ROVER. I want to make a topo survey but if I use AVERAGING SINGLE MODE for the BASE STATION can I have a accurate data?
I made time for the base to retrieve satellite data for 10 minutes and I use RTK method for this job with LoRA correction input.

Hi @arsifalf,

Sorry the answer took so long!

With the Average Single base position, you’ll obtain only relative accuracy. It means that the rover positions will be accurate to each other but not to global coordinates.

To tie your results to global coordinates, you’ll need to use an accurate base position. There are 2 ways to do it:

• Connect the base to a local NTRIP service and average its position with a Fix solution
  • Enter the accurate base coordinates manually. If you don’t have a known point nearby, you can find Reach RS2 coordinates with the PPP technique.

How does this work when getting a fixed connection with LORA with the Base having a Single Average base position

Would you have NTRIP on the Base input and LORA on the Base output?

Hi Josh,

How does this work when getting a fixed connection with LORA with the Base having a Single Average base position

If the base is averaged in Single, its position is only a couple of meters accurate. So, in this case, you’ll have only relative accuracy in both LoRa and NTRIP setups.

Would you have NTRIP on the Base input and LORA on the Base output?

If you have a local NTRIP service, you can use it to average the base position in Fix. Coordinates obtained this way are accurate. After that, you can connect the base and rover via LoRa radio and collect points with absolute accuracy.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.