RTK and Navio

Actually I don’t want to read SPI from two different programs. It would be sufficient to read SPI by one program only (RTKlib or APM) then send gps data to RTKnavi on pc (or on RPi 2 itself in future implementation) and then read back the calculated RTK position by the APM that will guide the rc car through waypoints.

Just as @timkaiser did with @igor.vereninov suggestions.

If what you say is true (and I think so) that Ardurover still occupies the SPI resource even with external GPS command so I cannot understand why I have bad ground speed while:

• Ardurover read GPS data from SPI and reroutes to tcpip port 12345
  • socat reroutes tcpip port from 12345 to 12347 (actually is a non-sense operation but working without it I’m not able to see something coming out from port 12345 directly)
  • RTKnavi on pc collects data from port 12347 and USB antenna station (neo 6 dongle) and send back RTK position on port 12346
  • Ardurover reads RTK data from port 12346 as secondary gps

Everything should be ok with this arrangement (one program only that read SPI) but for some reason the ground speed is wrong (more than 300 m/s) and Ardurover try to reduce speed putting the motor in reverse. (To be clear: RTK wihtout APM works very well)

any suggestions about that?

1 Like