RS2 will not maintain fixed solution

The CRTN NTRIP broadcasts NAD83 coordinates:

“In February 2018, the CSRC published a new geodetic datum for California called “CSRS Epoch 2017.50 (NAD83)” under a Caltrans contract to SIO/SOPAC. The new epoch-date coordinates have been embedded in the RTCM 3.0 data streams since March 1, 2018.”

I hear that Reach units use WGS84. Could this be a problem?
Also, I will bundle up and send you a complete set of files from my unit (full report, logs, solutions, and screen shots).

Being a GPS/GNSS system, seems it should still broadcast WGS84 primarily no matter what anyways.

But, then again… it is CA. : /

Hi @danrich1961,

Thanks for sharing the data I asked!

Were you recording the position log during the survey? If yes, could you share it as well?

At the moment, we looked into your data and I get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Hi @danrich1961,

Could you please also make sure that the coordinates in the ReachView Status tab are updated with approximately 1Hz frequency when you test the unit?

Attached is the position log from the last set of logs I sent:
solution_201907290213_LLH.zip (18.6 KB)
For the update frequency, are you referring to changing it in the RTK settings tab? I have tried different update frequencies - 1hz, 3hz and 5hz (logs uploaded were at 5hz), but don’t get a fixed solution with any of the update frequencies. I will try to capture some logs today with the update at 1hz and send another set.

We conducted some further tests, and it seems the issue occurs only with corrections from this caster.

We’re trying to get in touch with the caster to continue the investigation now. If someone faces similar issues with this caster, please let us know.

2 Likes

that means your final data will be in CSRS Epoch 2017.50 (NAD83), so the receiver is calculating its position in wgs84 but then the correction value is essentially shifting it to nad83 and in this case nad83 2017.5

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.