[RS2] ReachView v2.20.8

Ok this works , but I did not intend to lose all my stuff :disappointed:

Wow, this must be the best update thus far. The GUI and general startup time is much reduced. Well done.

5 Likes

Can ReachView be set to display feet/inches instead of meters?

Nope and no idea when.

Among other things, it needs Survey Feet and International Feet.

Once/if they ever incorporate coordinate systems, they would have to.

You can use third party software, apps to get this though.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m using FieldGenius and have it set to Survey Feet but I would like to be able to stake at times with the RV app and not be confused.

Just use FieldGenius to stake out and keep everything consistent when working entirely in FG.

Just use ReachView for setup etc.

But yes, the ReachView Stakeout is super simple. Would be nice if other units available. But hey its developed in Russia, so meter it is for now. :wink:

The rest of the world (I assume you may be in USA) also uses metric system and insists it is superior (and easier which it is), but the US, the imperial system will never change as it has been in place for so long and so many of our records also. But we have the choice of whichever units to use anyways for other things, so it’s no big deal.

1 Like

where and How do I get the reach reach-rs2-v2. 20.6.img file .

I went to the reach firmware download page and only
the rs2-v2.18.1.img is listed.

I have the new flasher but need the rs2-v2. 20.6.img file.
Thanks
Leroy

I also faced the same issue. You can simply rename the downloadlink for the zip-file from .5 to .6.

Also be aware that this updates resets everything (!), including raw logs, naming, won configurations, contrary to previous updates.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t access Reach in the iOS app after updating to v2.20.6

Stakeout point collected, no found

1 Like

Hi @agrimgalina,

I’ve just replied to you in this thread.

1 Like

Hi. Very dissapointed with Field Genius. I downloaded a 4 days demo. I couldn´t connect REACH RS2 to the app. In fact, the app has a list of receivers, among the REACH RS, but not RS2. REACH RS option doesn´t work.

For my surveys, MAPIT is fantastic.

Regards.

Just go with the generic nmea profile, works great.

5 Likes

Hello, guys!

We want to let you know that we just pushed a new update to all of our receivers. This is a release that is mostly aimed at our Reach and Reach RS users and adds a disclaimer about further updates.

6 Likes

Hi George.

Login to reachview (v2.18.1) from my phone and it showed me the update message available (v2.20.8).
Accept and my antenna started the update process, but it only took a few seconds and I restarted my antenna.

I don’t understand is that my antenna shows the table v2.20.8 but in configuration it shows the message “To update to the new version you must follow the steps that are in Emlid Docs”.
My question is, my antenna is update or should I follow other steps?

Only stable version 2.18.1 is available in the library

Hi!

It’s up to date for now. Right now there’s a dev release (v2.21.1) that can be installed using the procedure described in the docs. The update from v2.21.x to v2.22.x will be done as you’re accustomed to but in order to get further updates you’ll need to reflash your device once and then the upgrades will be done as usual. You can either wait for v2.22.x (even numbers are for stable releases) or upgrade to v2.21.1 (dev release) now.

Thanks for taking the time to get back here.

Sorry about that! We’ll update the docs as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Hi.

Are there plans to add the stakeout lines feature in future reachview updates?.

Regards.

2 Likes

Hallo,
ReachView shows me the update from v2.20.5 to v2.20.8.
Following the update link, i always get the message that the update failed. Tried it with multiple devices ios, android and browserversion. Any idea, why this doesnt work. Is it necessary to flash the firmeware?
Regards

Hi @erro.alfaro88,

Thanks for the request! We’ll consider adding this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Bernhard,

To update the device from the v2.20.5 version to higher, reflashing is required for Reach RS devices only. What’s the device you try to update?