RS2 in staic mode and post processing

Before creating a new thread please refer to Quickstart guides for Reach and Reach RS.

sorry if I open a new thread I can’t find information,
I have to do a job with RS2 only rover, but there is no possibility to use a data connection,
as I can proceed using the static mode, I can beat the points in static and perform a post processing on the data.
are there any guides?
thank you

Firmware 2.20.8 RS2

1 Like

Hi @ubaldo.malvone,

Could you clarify whether you mean a mobile data connection?

To post-process the data, you need logs from the base and rover. You can still collect points with a single device, however, in this case, you can’t gain the centimeter-accurate coordinates.

hi, thanks for the help,

Could you clarify whether you mean a mobile data connection

I was referring to a mobile data connection.

To post-process the data, you need logs from the base and rover. You can still collect points with a single device, however, in this case, you can’t gain the centimeter-accurate coordinates.

how can I proceed with a single device?
do you have a guide to follow?

thanks I look forward

Hi Aldo,

We have a tutorial about GPS post-processing in RTKLib. To accomplish it with a single device, you need to choose a Single positioning mode in RTKLib Options. However, please note, in this case, accuracy at the few-meters level.

If you are interested in points collecting, there is the Survey tool in the ReachView app. It’s designed for points collection and stakeout. You can find more information about the survey workflow with the ReachView app in our docs

1 Like

Bear in mind, you can always submit your raw logs to a service like the NRCan PPP. You probably won’t be able to get sub-centimeter accuracy, but depending on your length of observation, you can get a quite accurate sub-foot location .

RS2 will give you 1-digit cm accuracy given long enough occupy time (12 hours +) and long enough wait until submitting (to get the Final solution).
But subcentimeter, nop, That’s usually within the tolerance of even your rover-rod at 1.8m extension

Yeah, I mis-typed, I meant to write centimeter, not sub-centimeter.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.