RS2 and Trimble Business Center

Well, classic lock-in strategy, make the customer so dependent upon your product that they can’t easily leave.

2 Likes

Considering Topcon and Trimble are pretty much the only two options for total construction solutions i’d say they’ve done a pretty good job!

Yep, and then bought all available competition to keep on top.

1 Like

I hear this messes up TBC. Haven’t tried though.

Yea. Tell me about it. Got our own set of complaints being vendors for so long. Haha. Very corporate. But yes, can’t say they haven’t done a good job @michaelL

Anyone had success processing the rtkconv rinex on TBC 3.5? We’re still having trouble getting the baselines to process. Keeps failing :cry:

Update: Got TBC 3.5 to process the files finally :grinning: Now it’s just waiting for the calibrated parameters from Emlid

Hi @aaron.tan,

Would you mind to share how did you manage to process the logs in TBC? Did you change any settings? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ll gather details from my team and share it once I do that :smile:

1 Like

So, are you able to share informations?

2 Likes

Hey @Nordstern. While we got the RINEX files to work in TBC 3.5 (some tweaking with the names if I’m not mistaken), the PP wasn’t always great. We’ve only had reasonable success processing with the L1 band only. Baselines kept failing and accuracies were not good with both L1/L2 on TBC. Having said that, we’ve had much better success with CHC’s Geomatic Office 2, though we haven’t had time to conduct extensive testing with it yet. It reads the native ublox files directly. Perhaps @EBE111057 can chime in.

1 Like

We probably talked about it earlier, but what was the reason you don’t use RTKLIB?

Hey Michael, I’m not trashing rtklib… It’s a good tool for what it does. I haven’t used it in years since ublox first came out with their first L1 receivers that provided raw data. Rtklib only processes one baseline at a time and has no adjustment routines. I’m sure at some point Emlid will modify the software to do multiple baselines and adjustment, I don’t think it would be that hard. It’s just not made for professional use. Tomoji Takasu was and is a genius for developing this.

3 Likes

Understood, thanks for the details.

1 Like

Great answer @EBE111057. How are your tests with CHC’s GO2?

1 Like

Hi Aaron ! I’ve kinda stopped using the CHC software for now. I’m still not familiar with it as I haven’t had the time to use. We had a large network (about 20 control points) to survey and have been using Javad Justin for all our processing for now. I’m planning on delving back into CHC software when things let up a little. I’ll let you know asap. Have you investigated the software ? I think it has good potential for the cost.

I ran out of the trail, but have a dongle bought - just haven’t found time to do a proper test with a larger network. Indeed, I think it’s got good potential. Seems to handle L2 a lot better than other PP software for the Emlid (I guess cause it’s handling the native .ubx file instead of RINEX).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.