Rover does not boot if base is powered up

I mean a 5V 5A power supply

I used a 3rd Radio (500mW)

what is the clue to show that power supply is the issue?

Looks like it, judging by the LED statuses. The pink/blue/off pattern seems to show that Reach is trying to start, but fails on a very early stage and tries again. I’ve seen this sort of thing before and my guess in power.

Can you try powering it via USB?

I meant that the Radio Rx/TX/Gnd are connected on the DF13.
Radio Vcc and Reach Vcc are provided by a Power Supply 5V 5A; The Radio does not take its Vcc from the Reach DF13, but directly from the Power Supply.

Furthermore, the Rover is booting correctly when Base is off
So why would it be a Power supply issue?
It seems that the problem is due to the fact that data correction is arriving into the rover while rover isbooting, no?

@stefdas we had stumbled upon this issue before and have modified the system image to avoid it. We will try to reproduce it again and come back with the results.

HI @igor.vereninov

We got two reach recently (15-03-2017) and I have same issue with powering up . LED gives pink , then stay for a while and after that it get solid red . Then I can’t access Wifi , When I disconnect and reconnect around 10-20 time one time it will goes to solid green color sequence then I can access wifi . it is random too . I have flashed image with 1.2 version . Seems still your modules has serious bug . Because due to random bootup we can’t use this with our drones . Please advice us for solving this issue

hello,

this bug had been solved in a previous version but appears again in the current version (2.2.5).
The rover does not boot if its radio (uart) is already receiving correction and/or switched on.

i would suggest flashing the new beta - there are some serious improvements; although it is a beta, it is already quite good to work with!

if you don’t want to use the new beta:
what reachview version do you use? (did you update to latest?)

Dear Panky . I flashed with 1.2 image

image is 1.2; but you also need to update reachview (the app)
take a look here:

(i still do strongly recommend flashing the latest beta image)