Although the new receivers are designed to not introduce any drastic changes from user’s point of view, we had to build our own platform from the ground up with the Neutis N5 modules. That’s a whole lot of work. However, I feel that for the future of Reach receivers it is an exceptional change. We’ve not only become more independent from suppliers, but gained much deeper control of the lower level of the platform. Some things on the Edison we had no control of were holding us back, but this is a new opportunity.
It’s been a rather long time since we split our update channels into dev and stable. I wanna say thanks to everybody who opted in for the dev updates, helping us verify things we could not otherwise. It’s time to pour the things back together, so we can split them into two once again
I’ll only give a short list of all the stuff we’ve added and fixed over this dev update series, for the full list and explanations take a look at the dev release changelogs(v2.10.0/v2.10.1, v2.10.2, v2.10.3), these are very verbose.
- Additional correction and GNSS predictor are deprecated
- Second position output is back
- New project export formats: CSV and DroneDeploy CSV
- Surveying: point collection start and end times are saved into the project
- LED: blink green to indicate app loading during startup
- Shutdown and reboot buttons in ReachView
- Pretty new logos
- Fix Wi-Fi not always connecting to known networks on startup
- Tons of NMEA fixes! This release also includes a new NMEA fix - corrected position RMS values(RCH-1619)
- RCH-1720 - Twitchy on/off switch in base mode
Thanks to user reports, we managed to fix a bug with manual base position. It would sometimes ignore the entered coordinates and use averaged instead, which might have resulted in shifts of the solution. The rebuilt versions are uploaded, you can grab them from our post-processing tutorial, as always. Unfortunately, we had to skip the Win32 builds, at least for now.
The next wave of dev updates with new features is right around the corner! Stay tuned