Reach RS Workding in Carlson SurveCE

Hello Nick,
I installed the latest version of Carlson SurvCE trial version on my Topcon FC-500 data collector and connected to it via Bluetooth. I am in town at my office and I couldn’t spend a lot of time on it but I did get decent positioning data. One thing to remember is that most of the time I was working with a FLOAT position.
I successfully saved several FIXED points but in line layout I was in float. I went into line layout mode and everything acted normally. There was no noticeable slowdown and positioning updates happened immediately. I wouldn’t be able to suggest what your problem is and I can’t guarantee anything. I tried it in both Reachview v.2.9.3 and then v.2.11.0 and I had exactly the same results.
Update: I got it on fixed solution for awhile while in Line Layout mode and it updated its position normally.

I would start by turning off Galileo and maybe glonass and just work with the bare minimum. See if that makes any difference. Does it do it only in fixed mode or what about float mode?

1 Like