Reach RS+ Off By 300 meters

You can average for as long as you would like but it won’t get cm absolute accuracy without a reference. You would have to PPK to get an absolute base position.

If you are wanting to be absolutely globally accurate then rtk Hunter is correct, but if you are surveying specific sites then collect the average for 10 minutes document that coordinate and manually input it. then it all depends on whether you can achieve in rtk fix or not.

Yes, and if you still have access to your NTRIP service, then you can use that to do point collection of your accurate base coordinate, then permanently mark the spot and record it in your notes. Then every time you use that permanently marked base location, enter that same coordinate from your notes. You will have the best accuracy and your other surveyed points will also be aligned to the NTRIP service.

So, even if your permanently marked base location gets destroyed, you can use the NTRIP service to reset it with decent accuracy or just directly go to your other survey points.

Win-win. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a good point. Probably end up doing that.
I struggled again today going back to points that were set in fix mode with NTRIP service a couple days ago. The location it took me back to was offset by two feet. But then later in the day, it took me back to the exact location. Is this a common problem with NTRIP VRS and the location of the “base” station?

Update: There was an issue with the NTRIP provider service. One of the stations was down. Thankyou for your help

2 Likes

Sounds like the cause. Are you going to test stages when they are back up?

I was on a free trial with the provider. I finally got a login from UNAVCO free CORS provider and was really impressed with the accuracy even with the baseline at 20km. If it continues to provide good results we will probably just use that.

Sounds like the providers around here. Time warp back to the early days of wired internet. You seriously get what you pay for. One reason I will not buy a P4 RTK or a subscription to a provider. A local base will have a stronger signal 100% of the time and you will get the same data with a 30 minute occupation. I don’t need to be in relation to the next county or state, just one absolute coordinate and 3 reference points.
If Emlid had localization we wouldn’t be having any of these discussions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.