Reach on Phantom4

@Simon_Allen, not sure I totally understand, but: Did you write a script that looks at the time stamp of a photo, then looks up the position for that time in the PPK record and finally updates the photo EXIF location to the PPK location, info based on the time?
Because this is something I was thinking about, not for drone camera use but for a more efficient & user friendly workflow for surveying points out in the field, especially in cases where it’s difficult to have a good enough connection between base and rover to make RTK feasible.

I was thinking about something like:

1. switch on base & rover, take rover with you
  2. at every survey point, put the rover GPS antenna in position for some time, then/meanwhile take photo using mobile phone
  3. when back at home, throw the base & rover log files as well as the photos into a folder and run a script that
    a) runs PPK, and
    b) finds the correct coordinate for each photo, based on time when photo was taken, and
    c) updates EXIF into and/or produces a nice CSV file with file name and coordinates

or perhaps even, combine a) and b) and only do the PPK required to get the locations for the photos (and not for what could be hours of rambling around in between)

Of course this requires time of GPS and mobile/camera to be reasonably in sync and/or a method of determining the offset between them.
For my use cases it would be acceptable to say that the rover has to be stationary for, say, 30 seconds for every point, which should make it a bit easier.

Is this (similar to) what you have developed?
If so then I’d be very interested!

Thanks,

Tobi