Reach M+ stuck in Time Sync(Reach Plus v2.18)

Hi @stormtide18124,

Can I ask you do the following steps to make troubleshooting easier?

• reflash the device with 2.18
  • connect antenna
  • go outside to provide a sky view
  • create a hotspot on your phone
  • turn on the Reach
  • open ReachView app for iOS/Android
  • connect Reach to mobile hotspot
  • open ReachView app again and see if all tests have passed and you can click Reboot and go to the app button like on your screenshot above
  • press the button and wait for Reach to reboot

In case you’ve any issues, please, let me know on which step.

I’d also recommend watching our video guide on the First update with step-by-step instruction.

Hi @andrew.yushkevich, I tried out what you said, exactly following the steps and process. I’m getting the same result. After the last step where I press Reboot, my Reach M+ reboots and and the green and blue LED’s start blinking slowly and I’m no longer able to connect to the reach through my app or a browser.

But when doing that just confirm that with a web browser you can still access the ReachView updater page at port :5000?
…and that you are still getting the connection refused error with no port specified (default port :80)?

[Just for those following this thread, we did some behind the scenes troubleshooting yesterday and confirmed that the GNSS chip and antenna seem to be OK.]

Yeah, I confirmed these things. They’re pretty consistent across all methods.

I tried downgrading the software to 2.16.2 and ran a few commands suggested by @bide to make it work, but I’m getting the same result with 2.16.2 as I’m getting with 2.18.
We also tried to check if the GNSS receiver is getting any data and if the antenna is working fine and we were successfully able to test that.
I also tried to time sync using the “sync” command and later rebooted the system using “reboot”, but ended up with the same result, getting stuck in time sync mode.

2 Likes

Thanks for all tests and info, @stormtide18124.
It’s an unusual issue and we need some time to conduct tests and investigate.
I’ll let you know about the result as soon as possible.

Just a quick update: we’ll get this unit for further investigation.
Thank you all for troubleshooting assistance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like