Reach m+, m2 waiting after turn it on

Hii all…
I want to use m+or m2 with phantom 4pro in ppk with base station,and want to know,
After I turn the m+ on, how much time I have to wait befor fly with the drone?

Same question about reach m2.
Thanks

The unit goes through a cycle of power, network check and satellite acquisition. Once the greenlight is steady and you can connect to it to start logging for PPK you should be good to go. If you are running RTK then it should tell you in the settings page.

If I use ppk, Dose it matter if i use m+or m2 and how much time will wait untill get greenlight … Evaluation…usually
Thank

I would think the M2 would initialize quicker either way. I have been having trouble with my M+ showing just the red/orange LED as well seemingly since the previous firmware update. I haven’t been able to get to the newest. How are you powering them? I think my powerpack may be at fault because if I plug it into a phone charger it comes up after I hit the reset button. Or at least I think it is a reset? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi @mrdn.eng,

Please note that the DJI system is proprietary and can’t be easily integrated with any external GNSS equipment like Reach M+ or Reach M2.

If you’d like to record the time marks of the moment each photo is taken, you need to integrate the receiver with the drone’s camera via the hot-shoe adapter. As far as I know, the DJI Phantom 4 Pro camera’s don’t have HSA.

Reach M+ is a single-band receiver while Reach M2 is a multi-band receiver.

Reach M2 is capable of remaining robust performance in somewhat challenging conditions. It also provides longer baselines up to 60 km in RTK and 100 km in PPK while Reach M+ can obtain only up to 10 km in RTK and 30 km in PPK.

It depends on the power you provide the unit with, whether you provide the unit with the Internet connection, how good the satellite reception is. Usually, it doesn’t take more than 1 minute.

Hi Michael,

Would you mind describing the issue with the Reach M+ booting? Do I understand correctly that your unit can’t finish the time sync?

Thanks for asking! When I plugged in my “credit card” powerpack only the orange LED lit up. I then plugged in a phone charger and it did the same thing, but when I hit the little hidden button under the orange LED everything came up. I removed the charger and tried the powerpack again and it did the same thing.

Turns out that somehow my powerpack completely died. I left it on the charger for several hours and it finally came back to life and now works! I had to hit the reset(?) button again, but it is now initializing.

Hi Michael,

Sorry for taking such a long time to get back to you!

It seems like the issue with the only one LED turning on is indeed due to the lack of the power. It’s good to know that the device is operational. The issue with the several upgrade notifications is fixed in the latest dev update v2.23.3.

I’d also like to point out that the button located in the deepening under the power LED is used for getting the unit into the Firmware Update mode only.

1 Like

Posted this on the other thread.

Michael,

As I have mentioned in another thread, power bank with the output of 1 A should have been enough to power Reach M+ as it requires 200 mA.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.