Reach Firmware 30 Beta 3 is out

Great improvement with new interface, timemark in log tab, dark mode. Thank you dev team.

2 Likes

Hi Bernard,

It’s better to choose Kinematic for the rover and Static for the base.

2 Likes

Hi @rccam,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I’ll pass it to the devs’ team!

Hey guys ive been beta testing !! Rs2 for base and a notatel smart 7 rover. Ive had quitea few days out in the field and rtk is solid. Rtk does not get lost and everything is good .
Now emlid could you explain.??? Prior to to this update that says( misc fixes for rovers.) My tractor would either not stay connected or not get rtk at all 1 or the other it was a disaster.

What exactly did you change?? What was it ?

Regards caleb

Anyone having trouble logging? I can’t get my RS2 or either of my M2’s to record.

1 Like

In this v30b1 update, I cannot manually enter my base coordinates in xyz format. You should keep this option, please include it again in the final version v30… the ability to manually enter the base coordinates in xyz format.

Hi Caleb,

Welcome to the Beta-testing club!

I’m really glad to hear that now you have a stable RTK link. We’ve improved some things to enhance the support with 3d-party receivers used as a rover. It’s more about the technical changes made under the hood.

1 Like

Hi Shaun,

Can you send the Full system report from your receivers to support@emlid.com? I’ll check what could be the issue. Currently, you can roll back to the Stable version if this issue is impacting your usual workflow.

Edmundo,

The function of setting the base coordinates in XYZ format is no longer available in Reach Panel. Can you please specify why do you want to use this format?

Actually, here in Ecuador we work with the coordinates provided by the IGM. In most cases there are places where we do not have internet access to connect to the igm ntrip service or to my M2 cors station that has these coordinates, so I collect raw rinex data to later be able to perform post-processing with the data from the stations. IGM reference, these stations are trimble brand and most of the information sheets provided have only UTM SIRGAS2000 and XYZ coordinates… The post-processing is done in the Leica Infinity v4 software since it allows me to use ionospheric models with ION files and also Precise ephemeris with the final orbits, which improves the precision of my gnss geodetic points. so when I get the results, they are in XYZ, each coordinate in XYZ format has more digits and is more exact and accurate… So for field work in which I take the information from the office, the coordinates obtained from post-processing, I need enter the coordinates in XYZ format… It’s not the end of the world if I have to enter in Latitude and Longitude, but it would make my job much easier and much more precise and accurate to be able to enter the base coordinates manually in XYZ format… That’s why I was asking you guys to include this option in the final version of v30… and also the possibility to stake out lines in ReachView, if I take two points in the field, join them with a line and be able to stake out that line, even extending the line and being able to stake out that projection… these are very useful things that are needed and would greatly help field work.

1 Like

I’ll get that to you when I’m off site. I did roll the M2’s and RS2 back to 29.2. Before I did that I notice the 30 Beta was having trouble linking up the Lora radios for corrections. Strange thing, now I’m seeing with the 29.2 which has always worked flawlessly. If I physically unplug the Lora cable on the m2 and plug it back in it will connect. But with a normal power on attached to the m2, there’s not tx/rx lights. I’ll mess around with it more when I’m not freezing to death doing bathymetry in -11 conditions. And you’d think the water would be frozen😂

This is what Metta sent me. It worked and after several test reboots it stopped. It was just several attempts of unplugging and replugging but every once in a while it comes on fine. They are still looking into it and I have a meeting with them Wednesday.

Is there a reason the device reverts from dark mode back to white? would be nice to keep dark as default even after powerfailure

3 Likes

Finally got back and tried the beta 30 again and it works on all 3 gnss units. I’ll check out the Lora radio tomorrow.

Edmundo,

Thanks for specifying this to me!

I understand that using the XYZ coordinates is more convenient for your workflow. I’ll pass your notes about this to the devs. I can’t promise anything so far, but we’ll definitely think about it. At the same time, I believe using the converter tool from XYZ to LLH coordinates should work okay.

Regarding the stakeout of lines in ReachView 3, we’re definitely considering it. I see that Svetlana confirms my words as well!

1 Like

Shaun,

Thanks for the update about this! It’s good that it works fine now.

Sure, I’ll be waiting for the results of the LoRa test. I hope it’s not that cold outside now :slightly_smiling_face:

@PotatoFarmer,

If you work with the same browser and not using Incognito mode, the dark mode should be applied each time you connect to the receiver. Does this happen with the same browser on one mobile device/computer?

That would explain it, I use multiple devices with the receivers. I thought the choice would be saved in the receiver. Did not think it would be stored in the computer or iPhone.

1 Like

Currently, the theme choice is linked to the mobile device or computer you work with, indeed. The process of tying it to the particular receiver is a bit complicated. But the devs will think about it, for sure!

I Emlid team

When I work, many times I link my Survey to the CORS, and the CORS Rinex files are started and terminated with reference to UTC time, here goes my questions or request for the future firmware.
Could an option be added where the 24h rinex, generated by the Receiver, is cut off at the new UTC day, i.e. at 00:00:00 UTC. Many other models of different brands work like this.

Is useful when you have to separate measurement and sorting days to align with the GNSS calendar days.

A Little request

4 Likes