REACH, can not reach FIX status

This one maybe

Thanks, Still working on it…

@Juan_Diaz Great catch! We have a feature on our todo list to report if entered position vs actual one differs too much.

@sshangpeng You can send your raw data logs to support@emlid.com and we will look at them.

Yep, interesting findings today also. I went again to the geodesic point and tried with several altitudes for the Base that I knew were wrong (the real is 711m). Even with 730m or 680m for example (30m error) I was able to obtain FIX (I wasn’t able to get FIX with an error in altitude of over 40 or so). And since the system works in a differential mode, whenever I placed the drone next to the base, it read whatever height I had set for it. For my application this is great, it means that I have to read the MSL altitudes that I have, apply one of the correction models (I am using EGM96 now) and I obtain the elevation that I need to set for the Base. I know now that even if the MSL altitude provided is not accurate, or the model I use has some difference with other models… it doesn’t matter. Because I do all my operation with altitudes related to the Base, so that is my reference point.

I did some testing today in which I obtained fix, then I flew about 200m away from the GCS (Remember that I am using Wifi for correction link) and around that distance I lost the correction link and had to come back. This is enough range for my project. If I need to go further away I would need to rethink a couple of things like trying to send corrections through telemetry radio (I had some real troubles with it and had to let it go a month ago and go for the wifi link).

I am now very pleased with the performance of REACH, and I got it working the way I need to just in time for a demo that we have with potential customers in a couple of weeks. There is still room for improvement, but the basic features are now working for me.
Thank you also to the community for the help.

2 Likes