RAW data - automatic download and upload

Emlid allows SSH connections to their receivers to retrieve logs. SSH is a network file transfer protocol. How to do this depends on what type of computer you are using to access the M2 over the network. I can point you in the direction to get started, but you’re going to have to do some research if you want to fully automate everything. So start by learning to connect to the unit.

user name: reach
password: emlidreach [unless you have changed it]

IP address of the M2: you can get this from the the reachview 3 app on the first page where it shows your units

from the windows command line: ssh reach@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (where the x’s are your ip address). then enter your password. then you will have to authorize the connection for the first time. Now you are connected to the M2 and can navigate using the command line. Once in you can find the file you are looking for and in a NEW command window run the SCP command to copy the file over. If you’re not familiar with these command line commands, i’d recommend using WinSCP a graphical SSH file transfer program. You’ll have to download this [free]. Then you can enter the login information into WinSCP and use it interactively. Once you are comfortable doing that, there are ways that you can create a script so that it will run all of the steps. And then you can schedule that script to run on an automatic interval.

So those are the steps. But its not something that I’ve specifically done before (I’ve ssh’d into the units to grab a file, but dont have a need to automate the process). I’ve automated other scripts before for other needs, so in the end, I know this is possible big picture, but don’t know each detailed step. If you research the programs you could step your way to the solution that you want or if you have an IT friend he/she could probably do this pretty quickly. Best of luck

2 Likes