PPK errors

Please keep to English for these discussions.

there was no UBX for the mobile. I only set up the base station in this instance. If you are wanting UBX for M2 then I would need to send the files for a different day where I actually flew the drone.

Ok, tanks

here is the link for the UBX files (Base and M2) for the flight I did on Sept 22. This was for a client but as you will see from the processing, they were not happy with the PPK data which resulted in a cancelled contract!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuC7tz2Dddtdg74E8WxGZ0uD-yxrlg?e=XSp8J2

you can also see in the below image the poor quality of the PPK data

Dang, that is lot of noise coming into the base.

You said this was a different flight. Is it also a different location?

What happened/started at GPST 15:25?
And ended at GPST 16:21?
Additionally, what ended at GPST 16:49?

It almost looks like you have a primary and a secondary source of noise on the base.

Looking at the plane-data, it isn’t too good either, quite a few cycle-slips, which, worst-case will break your-fix-solution.

This was a different location. About 3hrs north of where I live. It was in a 130acre park (nothing much area other than trees) but I was far away from the trees.
Not sure on the time stamps, but the RS2 was on for about an hour. Not sure on the 16:49
I sent photos (above in this thread) showing the setup of the M2 in the plane. This is a commercial drone with the M2 fitted and tested at factory, so I would assume they have tested that there is no residual interference from the other electronics within the drone itself - I would hope so in any event!

Would it be possible for another base station in the area to cause interference? The surveyor onsite has a base set up, but around 300m away. I did not consider this as a possible source of interference but maybe it was??

No, wouldn’t think so.
Would more suspect your own RC gear? What are you using for the plane, and how close are you to the base?

On another point, you might be able to process your plane-data with 1hz rinex from this base from Can-net:

1 Like

thank you, I will look into that option.
The plane is a DeltaQuad Pro Mapper. The base was set up around 4m from where I was standing.

Looking through the webpage, it seems they are bundling the product with Emlid products, so I would assume it isn’t a general problem with interference with their solution.

It could interesting to have you log data with base without all gear present?

The UBX file above from Sept 27 was base logs only. I set up the base onsite and logged for around 3hrs just to check the quality of the logs and apparently the data was still somewhat noisy.

do you have other devices connected or near the rs? Powerbank, radios etc?

Nothing, no…

is it only at this location you get this problem?

I know of 2 locations where I have had issues - and they were 3hrs drive apart.

Otherwise the data from the unit is just fine, or ?

to be honest I dont actually know. I have not looked at the data from the other days that I have flown. This drone is relatively new and have only flown it perhaps a dozen times. The processing of the other flights seemed to go ok - high amount of “fix”, with a few sporadic “float” thrown in, but I was under the impression that was normal.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.