PDOP and Estimated accuracy

@wizprod : Thanks for that link, I knew DOP had something to do with the ‘position of the stars’ :slight_smile: . But this link makes it more concrete/understandable. I’ll check some of the other articles as well, seems a ‘simple’ but good source of information.

@artem.fomenko : A RS2 is used to measure the ‘working height’ of the equipment. The user reported he experienced a couple of cases where the the system was still providing a ‘Fixed’ solution, but the height-information was incorrect. Unfortunately I don’t have any data/logs, so I cannot provide additional context of these issues. But it might be related to Cycle slips? or not? - #24 by abertier (I’m planning a trip to the user beginning next year, so hopefully I can capture some logs for this issue)

Anyways, since the working conditions for my application are not optimal most of the time, it would be valuable to give the user some additional information how reliable/accurate the given data is. So he knows when to trust the given height. (probably the same reason why it’s on the status page of RV3 :slight_smile: )

when the DOP is calculated, is it based on all satellites which pass the mask/snr-threshold? I guess cycle slips don’t affect DOP, but are messing with the measurements, and depending on how ‘strong’ the solution was, it will impact the position and/or accuracy. Is this correct? (currently checking out the chapter on cycle slips on the link @wizprod provided :slight_smile: )

about the accuracy in meters (not DOP), where does this come from? is it based on remaining errors while calculating a solution?

1 Like