Ntrip varying a lot

Its as good as you can expect for $150, though if the harxon has actual analysis documentation for not too much more it could be better.

It was only a few years ago that when planning observations, it would be essential to use a planning tool to avoid spikes in DOP. For instance, if I look at GPS for today at my location, thereā€™s a huge spike around 11:00. Maybe you can take a look and see if thereā€™s a trend in your area, times to avoid working.

4 Likes

Great point @Gabriel_C
Something I didnā€™t see mentioned here is that space weather plays a large role in random RTK error.
The ionosphere isnā€™t a friend to GNSS signals.
So, while it would be easy to point at software, remember that it is using well-known and long-applied algorithms, libraries and protocols.

The odds are that larger [random] errors are caused by CMEā€™s. We had a big one recently, and if you didnā€™t know about it, you might have just discovered what happens during a decent EM storm.

3 Likes

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/global-positioning-system-gps-community-dashboard

2 Likes

@EBE111057 - Exactly the site I check before every project.
I think it should be on everyoneā€™s SOP for every planning and execution checklist.

1 Like

Hi there,

Gabrielā€™s version about DOP spikes sounds most likely to me as well.

Mauricio, still, if you want an in-depth investigation, Iā€™m always ready to help!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.