I’ve just set up a new Reach RS unit as a rover (after having already installed one other Reach RS unit as a base, and two Reach units as rovers).
All the units previously installed worked well. But this time the new Reach RS does not work properly (although the configuration seems OK - see report below). There is absolutely no information in the “Status” window (no satellite bars, no position information…). From time to time I have a message stating “please provide unobstructed access to the sky”.
But the new reach unit is in a similar position as the other devices receiving satellite informations. I tried also to let the new Reach RS quite a long time (20 min.) to get satellites, and also to move in a place with even less obstacles around (top of a hill in the countryside with no trees or buildings around), but still no satellite information. I have also tried with “positioning mode: single”, this does not change anything.
All the other functionalities (network, access to the unit via web browser or Android app, LED blinking…) work well.
What do you think? Is it possible that the GPS chip inside the unit is disconnected or broken?
Are there some things I should try (hard reset…) before sending back the device to the seller?
Thank you in advance for any advice. Best wishes,
Simple system report
app version: 2.10.0-r0 'wifi_status, interface: wlan0': - Client state - IP address: "localIP of the device" mac address: fc:db:b3:7f:ed:bf ssid: WIFI_access base mode: base coordinates: accumulation: '2' antenna offset: east: '0' north: '0' up: '0' coordinates: - '0' - '0' - '0' format: llh mode: single-and-hold output: enabled: false format: rtcm3 path: tcpcli://#rtcm3 type: tcpcli rtcm3 messages: '1002': enabled: true frequency: '1' '1006': enabled: true frequency: '0.1' '1008': enabled: false frequency: '1' '1010': enabled: true frequency: '1' '1019': enabled: false frequency: '1' '1020': enabled: false frequency: '1' '1097': enabled: false frequency: '1' '1107': enabled: false frequency: '1' '1117': enabled: false frequency: '1' '1127': enabled: false frequency: '1' bluetooth: discoverable: false enabled: false pin: '***' correction input: input2: enabled: true format: rtcm3 path: "MyPublicIP:port" send position to base: 'off' type: tcpcli input3: enabled: false format: rtcm3 path: :9028 type: tcpsvr logging: base: format: RTCM3 started: true version: null correction: format: RTCM3 started: true version: null interval: 24 overwrite: true raw: format: UBX started: true version: null solution: format: LLH started: true version: null lora: air rate: 2.6000000000000001 frequency: 868000 output power: 20 position output: output1: enabled: true format: nmea path: :9000 type: tcpsvr output2: enabled: true format: llh path: :2013 type: tcpsvr rtk settings: elevation mask angle: '15' glonass ar mode: 'off' gps ar mode: fix-and-hold max horizontal acceleration: '1' max vertical acceleration: '1' positioning mode: kinematic positioning systems: compass: false galileo: true glonass: true gps: true qzs: true qzss: true sbas: true snr mask: '35' update rate: '5'