New ReachView update brings Bluetooth RTK output

Hello, Is there a possible conflict between Bluetooth 4.0(Reach) and Bluetooth 4.1(Samsung Galaxy Note 4)? I can get it to pair with some older android devices but not my Note 4. My device is visible in Reach View app and it says it sent a pairing request but my Note 4 never indicates that a pairing request was sent. If for some reason it’s not possible with this phone could somebody confirm an android cell phone that works? Thanks, Brent

Hi!

We’ve tested it on a Note 3. Do you end up with a timeout?

I’ll try to investigate

Hi
I have tested BT connection with a note 4 (SM-910F) - successfully; i am using rooted Stock Rom (Android 5.1.1) with the Bluetooth GPS App which has been used above;

1 Like

Hi, No timeout. I set my phone bluetooth visibility timeout to “never” and reachview app just shows that a pairing request was sent. I saw an earlier message in here showing problem with galaxy note 4 and thought maybe it was an issue with the phone. I’m really excited about trying out some of the apps and will do what it takes to get a compatible device. Thanks for your consideration.

Hi, quick question, I need to record GCP for aerial mapping, I was wondering by using the 1 reach unit and NTRIP app on android could I record a decent or multiple accurate GCP on a site?
I was hoping this would be a way of eliminating the set up of a base…

Yes, that is a way to go. Make sure that NTRIP base is not far away (best if within 10km range) or if there is a VRS (virtual reference station) option available.

Ok thanks Igor… I just purchased one reach, I think I will need to purchase another, the spacings between bases here are 30-60km…