Navio Beta 4 Raspbian Upgrade Issues

Here’s a temporary fix to get back on track if you don’t want to reinstall everything from scratch.

sudo -s apt-get purge raspberrypi-kernel apt-get install --reinstall linux-image-4.4.36-da925b7-emlid-v7+ apt-get install -f cd /usr/src/rcio* make -j5 reboot

Sorry, guys! There’s a lot of dependencies and somehow this one slipped out of my sight. Release will have a proper fix.
Thanks again for the testing.

@coby

Thanks for the solution. This does indeed make eventually almost the same. But it’d be better to eliminate the beast in its infancy.

Close enough, but in this particular situation this is not completely true. In theory our kernel updates should’ve been completely orthogonal to the Raspbian Foundation’s but unfortunately somehow this raspberrypi-kernel packaged slipped into the Beta and screwed up the upgrade (I already made it go away in the new image that is going to be shipped soon).

Fair enough. We’ll try to post it more often. I wanted to make it clear that we are not abandoning our users. Thanks a lot for the feedback. Really appreciate it and we’ll try to make the UX more smooth.