My Quad with RPi2 , Navio+ and a 4G modem

@ogulbrandsen @Bernt_Christian_Egel @fabienmonnier

As far as I can know, there are three ways of communication inside a drone, control for flying in the air, telemetry for flying data, and streaming for video. This means that a drone has to have three communicating systems for control, telemetry and video streaming. However, 3dr solo has only a way of communicaton [1] for control, telemetery and video streaming, which is exactly custom wifi. (If wrong, please correct me.)
so, here are some questions on communication inside a drone with rpi2b and navio+.
1> Is there a kind of wifi which is able to make a drone have only a way of communication for three purposes, i.e. control, telemetry, video streaming?

2> For 4G modem on drone, you guys have already verified that it definitely has the ability for telemetry and video streaming. But, how for control in air?

3> If 1> and 2> are both true, then people can have themselvies make good use of existing devices with drone apps running on them, like smartphone, tablet, phoblet, taking full control of drones. Then there is no need for remote controller out there, right?
[1] http://dev.3dr.com/concept-architecture.html

1 Like