Machine Control

it’s still in clear sky view. Low profile, mounted on top of the cab instead of the blade. The IMU (like the gyroscope etc sensors in your phone) measures the pitch, yaw and roll of the machine. It knows exactly where the blade is relative to the design surface.

what’s funny, is the Emlid Reach RS/RS+ and RS2 have a built in IMU! That needs put to use!

1 Like

well, thats getting a bit to technical for me :smile:

1 Like
1 Like

They need to build tilt compensation like Trimble has then!

2 Likes

But how is there a simple way you think?

Software. Either way, wishful thinking at this point.

None affordable (depending on your situation) that I can think of, but Topcon has an indicate kit that I can highly recommend. It may not be budgetable, but you have to think about the long term and resale value. Topcon is machine brand agnostic.

2 Likes

Guys,

I have personally built a solution for mining using the EMLID GPS and a custom Android application.

The first solution was to installation into the supervisors vehicle, so they could check on levels and projects as the drive about the mine and without the need to get outside the cabin of the vehicle. I modeled it on the old laser leveling system of the past. with the arrow too High too Low, Cut and fill. The dxf they they use for the mine model and projects is sent to the Android device and enables the user to display this and the light vehicle… bla bla bla…

From there we installed a similar solution into the cabin of a large blast hole drill and also included a Time Usage Model.

We also used Emlid and wrote an application to enable the user to mark out a drill pattern and then later use the tool to pick up the as drilled holes and depths.

We are currently working on the excavator, but as I read in your thread above, obtaining the level of the GET on the bucket in real time is a challenge. At this time we do as chascoadmin Michael Lambert has said, we place the GPS antenna on the stick and measure, and apply an off set from there to the teeth when the teeth would normally be engaging the dirt. We are close to about ±150mm. (the teeth are that height so it is close enough.

You must remember our solution does nearly all that the big players do but only costs about 20% of the price and once only. So its never going to do everything but for the money it is very close to the mark and what our customers are looking for.

The key for us is the Emlid GPS… It is a great product from the beginning.

Future, we would like to include sensors on the bucket but just have not found the right solution yet at a reasonable price.

But for the LV install, the Drills the Drill patter mark up systems and even a dozer install we are pressing ahead and have already some sales that we are working hard with the customer to make even better.

Machine Control would be the next step for us. the limiting factor is that machinery can not sit about idol while we work on it. time is money for these guys.

Cameron

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.