M2 raw data logging

Hello everyone,
a few days ago I connected my Reach M2 ( ReachView version v2.24.0) to a Leica AR25 r4 antenna with excellent results. I left it in recording for several days at 1Hz and in downloading the data I realized that the daily files had a correct duration of 24h, but they did not start at 00:00:01 and ended at 23:59:59 , but at the time I started the first session (08:20:26).
Is it possible to have daily recordings (starting 00:00:01 and ending 23:59:59)?
Furthermore, is it possible to decide the duration (for example 30min, 1h, 24h) and the measurement interval (for example 0.1s, 1s and 30s)?
Thank you in advance

1 Like

Almost everything you asked is possible, aside from the log being split at midnight. The way to set log duration can be found in the Logging section of the guide, while for measurement interval you can look in the RTK settings section. You can’t set interval slower than 1hz though.

https://docs.emlid.com/reachm2/common/reachview/

1 Like

Sobre iniciar a gravação as 00:00:00 como dito acima não tem a opção, mas a empresa que eu trabalho tem varias unidades de M2, e quando é realizado as configurações iniciais eu inicio a gravação no horário 00:00 pois assim consigo me orientar melhor.

Many thanks Gabriel, your suggestion was of great help to me; but … to close the files at midnight I should start logging in at 00:00:00! it’s possible?

Well yes, if you start manually at midnight, it will always cut the files at midnight. The only issue is that if logging stops for any reason (loss of power, crash and forced restart, etc.), then you’ll have to restart the logging at midnight again if you want the same pattern. It could be an interesting feature request to be able to set a prescribed time for cutting files.

1 Like

Hi @Gianpaolo,

Welcome to our community!

You can set the duration as the Log split period in the Settings tab.

You can set up the 1 Hz, 3 Hz, 5 Hz, or 10 Hz update rate in the RTK settings tab. The 1 Hz means 1 measurement per second, 3 Hz - 3 measurements per second, and so on.

At the moment, you can start the recording at 00:00:00 only manually. In this case, the log will be split in this time each day until it’s stopped. However, your request is noted. I’ll pass it to our team.

1 Like

Hi @Gianpaolo,

Could you please tell me why you need to split logs at 00:00:00? Is it your software requirement? I believe your answer can help me to suggest a workaround for your application.

Hi Kseniia, simply because we have several GPS and we need to standardize the acquisition file management procedures. When each GPS produces files with different start and end times, this makes things more complicated for us. Thank you very much for the reply

1 Like

Hi @Gianpaolo,

Thanks for the clarification!

Hi @Gianpaolo,

At the moment, we can hardly suggest any other way to reach your goal. However, thanks for the request, it’s noted.

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko , first all thanks for your interest,
I would like to ask if you are planning to make a Coors (Continuously Operating Reference Station) version of the M2. I’ll explain: when I’m not using the rover for field surveys, I would like to be able to connect it to an external antenna and in this way use it as a permanent station.
The Reach RS2 does not have the connector for the external antenna (but I still think it is not suitable for this purpose), the Reach M2 does; that’s why I tried to use the Reach M2 as a Coors station, but I found some limitations of the M2 software …
By
Gianpaolo

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.