M+ not responding to Flash

I have an M+ that is stuck with the red light on. I have tried to flash it from a couple different computers, plugged it in to good power, eliminated wifi etc.
It started up fine but I couldn’t find it on my Windows port so I downloaded the driver from Zadag. Since then I am unable to communicate with it. I have tried the hard reset sequence (depress button with pin) as described in the “flash” instructions and this has not worked either. Any suggestions?

Hi @todwyer,

This issue might happen when Reach isn’t supplied with enough power. May I ask you to change the power source and see if the issue persists? Please, try it with another USB cable.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried a different computer for a power source and an iPhone charger and i found no difference.

Hi @todwyer,

I’d ask you to answer a couple of questions so that we could determine the issue.

Have you tried another USB cable for charging the device?

Could you please share a video of Reach LED’s behavior while plugging the cable?

Please, share the flasher logs so that we could check the details.

To download your flasher logs, please, do the following:

On Windows

• Press Win + R

• The Run window should appear

• Paste this string into the Run window: AppData\Local\Emlid\Reach Firmware Flash Tool\logs

It should open the folder with flasher logs.

On Linux

Please send me all the data from this repository: ~/.local/share/Emlid/Reach Manufacturing Flash Tool/logs

18-06-49_1-2.log (4.7 KB) 18-07-29_1-2.log (37.1 KB) 18-14-55_1-2.log (37.1 KB) gui-session.log (20.5 KB) watch_controller.log (34.6 KB) 18-18-41_1-2.log (37.1 KB) gui-session.log (9.4 KB) watch_controller.log (9.4 KB) gui-session.log (839 Bytes) gui-session.log (1.9 KB) watch_controller.log (3.8 KB) gui-session.log (3.1 KB) watch_controller.log (7.4 KB) gui-session.log (1.9 KB) watch_controller.log (3.8 KB) gui-session.log (1.9 KB) watch_controller.log (3.6 KB) gui-session.log (1.9 KB) watch_controller.log (3.6 KB) gui-session.log (4.2 KB) watch_controller.log (10.8 KB) 11-30-18_1-2.log (4.6 KB) gui-session.log (5.3 KB) watch_controller.log (16.5 KB) create_drivers.log (1.6 KB) 11-30-18_1-2.log (4.6 KB)

Hi @todwyer,

Sorry for the delayed response!

It seems that you have an out-of-date Firmware Flash Tool installed. Please, download an updated version v1.1.1 from our website and try to reflash the device with it.

Please keep us updated.

Hi Polina. I have tried the new v1.1.1 and installed the new update 1.1.2
the M+ will not reflash.
it will not connect with the device. only the red light is on.

Hi @todwyer,

May I ask you to share your new flasher logs from the updated version with me in PM?

Could you please send them in one archive file?

Hi @todwyer,

How is it going? Have you had an opportunity to download the new flasher logs? Please, share the archive file with me in PM :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.