M+ : can user "reach" be part of group systemd-journal

Suggestion for future firmwares :
add the user “reach” to systemd-journal, so that we can inspect logs via SSH. I think this is harmless (compared to other groups like wheel/adm etc). I can think of no argument against it…
If we can’t have root anymore, can we at least look at the logs ?

reach:~$ journalctl -u systemd-timesyncd.service 
Hint: You are currently not seeing messages from other users and the system.                       
      Users in groups 'adm', 'redis', 'systemd-journal', 'wheel', 'www' can see all messages. 
      Pass -q to turn off this notice.  
No journal files were opened due to insufficient permissions.

Hi @chrisb,

Checking system logs is mostly needed for troubleshooting. If you face any issues with our devices, please reach out to us so that we can investigate them. If you have another goal, please let me know. Probably, I could suggest a workaround.

Yes, that is exactly why I want to access the logs. To be able to troubleshoot simple issues faster on my own.

Hi @chrisb,

Some issues, even if they look simple, might be related to more complex reasons. Also, symptoms of different issues may be similar. That’s why we recommend reaching out to us in case something went wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.