L2 GPS missing/Header error - Post processing ReachRS2 + pospac Lidar

Ya, sorry about that. Kind of finding a needle in the famous haystack

I made the test with the b31ā€¦still fail :frowning:

According to this document, they used RTKlib 2.4.2 with pospac

Sad thing, you will only get L1 out of it but this might lead you to a bug they can fix for current RTKlib

I tried this to see if rtklib was the reason of the bug, but I donā€™t know if it can prove something.

it is the ā€œcompute RTX coordinateā€ who failed in pospac. This process calculates the exact coordinates of the base station and defines the right epoch, frame, projection etcā€¦ but for the rest of the process like the trajectory correction it looks, itā€™s working. So actually I can bypass the problem by calculating the base station coordinate with rtkpost if I have another observation file availableā€¦

but of course, it is not the best solution and I prefer to use the tools that I paid for it.

Do you have those files or point me to it? If I could have a look at it
The Raw RS2 file and converted public file from the gnss network

yes sure,

the public gnss converted file is here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12BQ7-yUXgPXqfsVKWM_9dJRAjRrJuwDB?usp=sharing

and my raw files are here (Emlid reach RS2 folder) : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dqCkee5WwqNRhYhCDwfYTo8qV3Eo0PFe?usp=sharing

The public converted file folder was empty. Could you repost the file?

Ho ya thatā€™s true the file was not in the good level, its good now

What happens if you run this with pospac?
11110090_RINEX.zip (2.4 MB)

sorry for the delay i was outside the office.

Thanks for your fileā€¦but it failed too :frowning:

Ok. I am out of ideas. Those processing tools are picky sometimes

ya me too, it is why i am waiting some answer from pospac dev team.

Btw, what you did in the file ?

I changed the format name from Ublox to RINEX. Yea, better wait for pospac to return an answer.

1 Like

So, do I understand that Applanix did tell you that the antenna model number has to be entered in the RINEX file?

In that case I donā€™t think thereā€™s a solution to the problem as there is nothing that you could enter that would work. As far as I know, Emlid arenā€™t officially listed anywhere yet that the software could reference from.

Yes, it was the hypothesis from Applanix because they donā€™t understand why the process didnā€™t work, but I told them that I already tried to fill with random info and also with original info that I took from another base, and it changed nothing. So Applanix transferred the ticket to the dev team to understand where the problem is. I am waiting for the answer.

I think the software require absolutely L2P or L1P record to worksā€¦so I believe they will need to maybe create an exception for emlid or maybe publish a warning that the antenna is not compatible with the softwareā€¦otherwise they will get more and more ticket with the same issue.

Hi Arnaud,

Itā€™d be great if you could share the answer from the software dev team with us.

At the moment, itā€™s not clear why post-processing fails. Our RINEX files are standard and can be processed by various external software. Itā€™d seem that the issue is indeed due to the specific requirements of your software.

Would it be possible for you to upload a RINEX version of this file? Itā€™d help us to find out the types of observations included in it and check if post-processing with the RTKLib can be performed.

2 Likes

Hi @polina.buriak

Yes with pleasure, I will share the answer. For the moment I am still waiting for the message from the support, as I said to them about my test with the header, they are investigating another way. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

This is the rinex version of my drone trajectory (T04 converted with pospac Trimble solution): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1twwKnfqyYz5N7prP2BjyCoqZW5uoaSe7?usp=sharing

Btw, at the end of the process, pospac generates an ASCII file, which is the corrected trajectory that I import in my software to generate my point cloud accurately. If you can do thatā€¦itā€™s mean I waste a lot of money in this software :sweat_smile: But anyway, I believe it is not possible as the file must contain information from the inertial unit, like degree of inclinaison in XYZ etcā€¦ this is the file in question : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QDNj8XT5og2OV4i5fd37Gr3Bc6znXXrM?usp=sharing

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the logs! Iā€™ll look into them and get back with the results.

Regarding the corrected trajectory file, Iā€™m afraid getting IMU data from the Reach receivers is indeed not implemented into the software at the moment.

I think he meant the lidar sensorā€™s integrated IMU as his linked file contains that data.

1 Like

Yes Gabriel, you are right it is the IMU from the Lidar that I was speaking. :wink:

Btw, i tried with the new firmware 2.22 and the problem still here