Introducing Navio2

Yay! I received confirmation my parcel with Navio2 was shipped. I can’t wait to to receive it!
So I understand apm code for Navio2 will be merged shortly.
Does the Navio+ documentation apply for Navio2 (I’m thinking about the hardware setup part)? or will an update be released.

It looks like we’re going to need a new 3D printable case for it!

For my first project I will be converting a Dji 550 that ran NazaV2. I will definitely be asking questions shortly in a new thread.

Thanks again for shipping it on time!

@mikhail.avkhimenia AWESOME!!! Great new, thank you! I can hardly wait to get the Navio2 into my newest build, a Quanum Spider 700.

1 Like

Awesome! My Navio2 just shipped, ex honkers so not sure how long till i get it. I was expecting the backorder status to mean I’d be waiting a while. I’m super excited (first foray into apm and navio).

My three Navio2 arrived today so when will the code that supports Navio2 be merged into APM master?

The PR is pending. We are about a week behind the schedule with image and APM release. Doing our best to deliver as soon as possible.

It’s usually not recommended to fly using Master so it might take longer before Randy moves it into the Copter branch.

Yeah, for me I cannot even run master, get the Interrupted message on startup. Copter branch works fine, even as of yesterday the latest 3.3.3rc2.

Because we have moved all RC in/out to a Linux driver there are very few changes required in the APM itself. We will very likely provide a build with these changes applied to a stable release.

“Interrupted” in master for Navio+ should have been fixed already, this issues was there for a very short time.

Will the examples/driver be updated for those of us who don’t use APM?

@larssoltmann Yes, we just need to finish the image as some examples depend on the kernel interfaces now.

Hi guys
Can I use navio2 to make octocopter?

@Mohammad_Ardestani sure, you can use Navio2 to control an octocopter.

Thanks
So pixhawk or navio 2
Which one is better?
Can I use 3G or EDGE instead of LTE ?
@mikhail.avkhimenia

can I detect barriers with navio 2 or I should to use another board? If I can use navio, which sensors I

@Mohammad_Ardestani

This is a question that is better to ask in another thread.

I’m closing this one, because it’s kinda dated.