How to export data (velocity, acceleration, RMS or PDOP) from continuos recording data at Emlid Studio

How to export velocity and acceleration data from Emlid Studio 1.3?. I can only view velocity and acceleration data at Emlid Studio (graphs). Is it possible to export that data to .pos or or any other format?

Also, its possible to obtain RMS or PDOP from continuos recording data (data exported from “logging” at Emlid Flow). I’m trying to get precision statistics for every point recorded on a track (Rover mounted to a vehicle recording data every second) to observe the path traced.

Emlid

2 Likes

Hi Ricardo,

Welcome to our forum!

There’s no way to export these values from Emlid Studio. However, I’ll note it as a feature request and will pass it on to the team.

You can record the Position log in NMEA format. NMEA messages GST and GSA contain RMS and PDOP values, respectively.

1 Like

For the developers’ consideration
Consider option to print: All, or only selected Process Tabs;
All, or only selected screenshots (.png); e.g., Ground track, Position, Velocity, Acceleration, Number of Satellites

Option 1: Print Report to PDF
Option 2: Print to HTML

In all cases include top/ beginning section showing, for example, Static Processing Settings; Kinematic, Drone, etc.; Static Reveiver, Base, Navigation; Rover, Base, Navigation, etc.;

Another idea might be to develop export templates that allows for users to create, name, save, save as, edit, and would accept calls for % program ,% inp_rover file ,% inp_base file ,% inp_nav file ,% obs start,% obs end ,% ref pos, etc., etc.

4 Likes

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions! I’ll pass them on to the team for consideration.

Could you please tell me why the HTML format may be helpful for you?

2 Likes

Firstly, any report will be appreciated irrespective of format.

Printing the report, format option may afford the developers and the users easier means of working with and/ or inspecting the results. HTML is just one example where the visual/ graphical aspects; e.g., error ellipses, scatter plots, etc. could be quickly presented along with a styled Emlid look. Once examined, the user may need to correct, change, add, or remove a processed tab, misspelled word, etc. The html page could be immediately refreshed, or a new browser tab opened. Doing this iteratively in the PDF format is always a bit more clunky, naming, overwriting, etc. The attached example is from Reality Capture, but it might be food for thought.

2023WRIC_epsg6484_NAVD88geoid18_Ortho.zip (1.7 MB)

Probably a better/ more survey type report to share actually looks better in the PDF format than the html; but it includes the bits of information surveyors would like to see included in such a report:

1614 EHS Stats Report.zip (787.8 KB)

1614 EHS Stats Report.pdf (1.1 MB)

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the valuable samples! The second one is very comprehensive, I liked it.

What software did you use to generate it? Something Javad based like Justin?

1 Like

Hi @kirill.pavlyuchuk

You’re most welcome!

No, it wasn’t generated in Justin, rather it was generated by J-Field which is the software interface used on the Javad Triumph-LS. The export function in J-Field allows for a wide variety of report formats including the example 1614 EHS Stats Report.pdf

2 Likes

Hi Kelly,

Curious! Thanks for sharing it.

Hi Kelly, I suggested the same thing to the developers back when the app was just getting organized to a surveyors liking.

We’ve got two Triumph LS’s and 3 T2 receivers with RTN capabilities along with my Triumph Victor LS system.

We were one of the first selected to try the new Javad system with two LS’s. The learning curve for the receivers were high and time consuming, but once we understood the operation methodology we were sold. In fact, we got the first units at a 50% discount. We also use Javad Justin and Justin 3 for post processing if needed.

Emlid has the capabilities for this but in order for them to grow with the land surveying profession with some of the capabilities of the Javad system, it’s my opinion that they need a better GNSS chip (Javad could provide this with their own USA manufacturing facilities) as well as a dedicated controller such as this:

Emlid’ products are great for entry level use for those with minimal funds, however they could be comparable to the major GNSS players if just the two above could be implemented in the future. I have two M2’S and a RS2 that I use occasionally when I’m able to go in the field. They are great receivers for the money. Their app has come a long way since I got my first M2 and is great. They have listened to their buyers just like Javad continues to. Visit Javad’s forum , it’s just like Emlid’s…everyone helping one another and the developers literally jump on suggestions about suggested improvements or better software interface.

I’m sure Emlid is thinking about all the future roads they could take, I continue to like the direction they are going and I continue to have high hopes for them !

6 Likes

Hello Kirill,

How do you record the Position Log in NMEA format (GN or GP)?

Best,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to our forum!

Here you go: open the Logging tab, press on the gear icon, and enable the toggle Position track. Then you can choose the NMEA format from the dropdown menu as shown below: