Ground Datum Use

Haha, I say 1m conservatively. I can get that horizontally with my phone and Precision GPS Pro now, but everyday users aren’t going to know anything about that. I can’t do it on Google Maps… I think 2 years is conservative from what I have read. I think there are phones that already have it… even if they in lawsuit now. :slight_smile: I hope Apple revamps their maps before this happens.

1 Like

Have you tried Pix4D’s site calibration options? I think this is what you are looking for. I came across this a few years back on a project but never had to use it. Our other discussion on elevations prompted me to think about your use case here with UAV derived elevation models. All you need to is know the transformation parameters from local ground to grid, in your case WGS84 (translation, rotation and scale)

1 Like

If this was for me then no I have not tried that. Up until the PPK P4P I have recently been flying I have used GCP’s on pretty much every job so there was never a need. I will definitely do some testing with the new PPK though. Thank you!

1 Like

Mobile topographer has 3 features of “localization”.
But have never got it to work properly. It would shift correct in some cases but using point to stake out it returns to origin without any shift applied.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.