Emlid Reach RS2 as Base Station

Dear Svetlana,

I will sent you the system report as soon as possible. I understand that Reach RS2 and M2 are not calculating the RTK solution based on the RTKLIB engine. My problem has to do with he fact that if i set up the Emlid Reach RS2 as a base station and a third party GNSS receiver like Leica, Trimble, etc as Rover, then the Rover station cannot get a fixed solution (not even float but only single). Emlid is using RTKLIB str2str software in order to transfer the RTCM data from the Reach RS2 to my NTRIP Caster, i definitely know that for the listeners source table (please take a look on my attached image on my previous post that saying RTKLIB 2.4.3 Emlid). Last week I search this issue a little bit more with different receivers and I find that the Reach RS2 is extracting into the RTCM messages only the L2C PRN code on GPS and Glonass constellations. Third party vendors like Leica are solving the ambiguities using the P (Y) code and not with C code, in their RTK engines. That’s why you can’t use an Emlid Reach RS2 or M2 as base with a few of third party vendors as Rover. So my next question is that if you have an option to enable the L2P tracking instead of L2C inside the GNSS chipset (u-blox) that Emlid is using on RS2/M2. And if not, do you have any idea if the firmware of the third party vendors have the option to use the L2C code for RTK solution? Thanking you very much and I believe that if we can solve this problem together then many users with Emlid Products can benefit from it.

2 Likes