Emlid M2 to Trimble Ez Guide 150 Success

Wow, sounds pretty complex, but I guess in the end it is just playing with numbers. You just need to know what format you need.
That brings me to my question. I am investigating using an M2 rover with RS2 base to control an auto steer on a skid steer machine. I have a program running on a raspberry pi that calculates how far off left or right the M2 rover is relative to a particular line. I then want to feed that into an auto steer controller. If I knew what format I needed it should be relatively easy. Can you point me to a source please.
Also my investigation of auto steering so far has only yielded auto steer units that have or require a steering wheel. Pretty much all skid steers don’t have a steering wheel as such. Are you aware of any auto steer units that are adapted to or designed for skid steers?

Ok so you have electric over hydraulic control in the skid steer yes. Some are wired directly hand controls to valves, some work with a can bus controller for all valves.

Can it be done yes, but it either involves splicing the harness in the first case and putting in a relay block run by some controller hardware and program. But this cant be done on units with resistive smoothing.

Or CAN BUS which is a touchy to get right and you have to somehow figure out all the machine commands and addresses. And have a module spoofing commands to the controller talking to the bus.

This can bus can also have proprietary commands running through it that may be tough to figure out.

As of yet thats as far as I have looked into it. I am fully consumed by trying to get Ag working at the moment. Can bus is on the list but it looks tough to figure out a solution for.

Unfortunately all brands of equipment usually have a very expensive option for every control dream you could think of. They are very protective of this new cashflow.

Ive seen a bobcat with this and auto level control but the add on was worth as much as the machine.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.