Coordinate transformation in CONDOR software

I am using the coordinate transformation feature within the condor software to try and get all my data in my state plane international ft to import accurately into my CAD program. I select the beginning and end points of a swath, convert those points using the LAT/LONG from the COR file on https://www.earthpoint.us/StatePlane.aspx and then paste the state plane X,Y (meters) into the transformation box. Once it’s all converted I select imperial within the condor data to change it from meters to ft. When I upload the data features into the CAD program everything is a few buildings away from where it needs to be. We’re getting so close but I can’t figure out what is off in the process?

I’m guessing you’re not in the states, just curious why you’re using international feet instead of US survey feet. Is there a scale factor that needs to be applied?

I am in the states, our CAD program was written in State plane international ft. I don’t do the CAD work so I might not have said that right, either way I need my data exported from Condor to be in that coordinate system.

The imperial foot that DroneDeploy exports is dependent on the SPCS you export. I don’t know much about Condor but in AutoCAD there is a drawing setup menu that you set the units, SPCS and scale factor. Hopefully someone else can help a little more.

This is a post about CONDOR software, which is not emlid. My apologies, it must be friday. I use the two simultaneously and it all blended together.

1 Like

Either way it’s a good thread. :+1: :+1:

If you’re. In the USA, why not use NCAT at NGS website. You can also download the software.
The “usft” will be eliminated in the future NGS 2022 datum change. If you are using the wrong foot definition, there will considerable error in your coordinates. The state you’re in has the information whether it’s “usft” or “ift” for the state’s projection.
If you download a passive mark information, it will be indicated on the data sheet for that mark.

1’ ift= 0.3048m exactly

1’ usft= 0.304800610m

https://geodesy.noaa.gov/NCAT/

https://geodesy.noaa.gov/datums/newdatums/index.shtml

2 Likes

Hi,

I can hardly be of much help with the transformation in the CONDOR software since we haven’t tested it. However, if you share the data before and after transformation, we can upload it to a GIS app such as QGIS and try to understand at which step the issue occurred. If you may check whether the points are shown on the map correctly before the transformation, it will help localize the issue as well.

Please note that if you conduct a survey with Reach, it should be possible to obtain coordinates in the required coordinate system right away with our ReachView 3 app. The app supports various coordinate systems and datums including the ones in ft and ftUS.

You can check whether the coordinate system is presented in ReachView 3 by opening the Coordinate system list while creating a new project. Alternatively, you can tell me the coordinate system name or EPSG code, and I’ll help check it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.