Cloudy sky

Does cloudy sky affect on emlid reach module accuracy?

Not really. You may have issues during solar flares or thunderstorms. Clouds will not affect the reception of the navigation signals.

2 Likes

I find power lines and thunderstorms are the worst, heavy clouds before rain can cause periodic issues.

The best conditions for accuracy is light white fluffy clouds and blue sky, or at night.

1 Like

We have had changing accuracies on thick overcast days. I agree with anything electrical and sometimes magnetic.

3 Likes

Hi Giorgi,

Well, I wouldn’t recommend you to work in a thunderstorm, just for your safety :slight_smile: But if it’s just cloudy weather, there should be no issues.

The main environmental conditions which can affect accuracy are poor sky view and obstacles like buildings, trees, cars, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I think the problems we see have to do more with the radio. There are times where our signal to machine drops from 2000ft to 500ft and they have all been thick overcast days. Similar with cell phone reception.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.