Can't get to upgrade firmware via Mission Planner

Hi Liudmila,

• I first tried to check ardupilot service status using systemctl status ardupilot :
    it returns Loaded: bad-setting (Reason: Unit ardupilot.service has a bad unit file setting.)
  • I downloaded the latest stable binary from https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/stable/navio2/arducopter using wget.
  • I added execute permission using chmod.
  • I uncommented the line in ardupilot.service to match the path to my binary :
    ExecStart=/bin/sh -c "/home/pi/ardupilotBinary/arducopter ${ARDUPILOT_OPTS}"
  • Tried to start ardupilot using sudo systemctl start ardupilot but it still returns :
    Failed to start ardupilot.service: Unit ardupilot.service has a bad unit file setting.

Also, the arducopter service is still running well : The drone is working. Stoping arducopter service doesn’t allow me to start ardupilot service.

I must admit that I’m having trouble understanding the difference between the ardupilot service and the arducopter service. If arducopter is in charge and get the drone to work ?, what is the ardupilot service doing ?

Also this bad unit file setting is probably causing some trouble here.

So I found this thread, where Iyad Salameh explains it sohould have just restarted the arducopter service instead of ardupilot.

After restarting the arducopter service successfully, and connecting the drone to Mission planner, MP is stille saying that Copter 4.2.2 is available and invites me to upgrade.

Maybe there is something I’m not getting here ? Any help and explanations would be really appreciated :slight_smile: