Can't connect to router after v2 beta flash

that shouldn’t be normal response for a router; can you reset your router and try again?

Yes. I will do this again. From experience after I reset the router. Reach will not automatically reconnect and will need to be restarted as well. Sound right?

i believe if you reset your router - put in the same ssid and pw - reach should connect without any issues (it does with my mobile hotspot)
restart reach after router reset and observe

@panky @TB_RTK

does with my mobile hotspot

It does on my mobile hot spot as well. Just not on a wifi router.

restart reach after router reset and observe

I did and also made the other mentioned changes. Channel set is set to 6 and security is set to use Both WPA Algorithms, TKIP+ AES (i.e. WPA/WPA2)

After Reach connects to WiFi Router…
See results:

Cannot connect

Found in fing

Service report:
Scan date: 19:30 12/30/16
IP Address: 192.168.2.6
State: UP
MAC: 78:4B:87:A5:1B:F6
Vendor: Murata Manufacturing
First seen: 19:08 12/30/16

Active services: 0

Sent from Fing

Strange. In lack of better idea, try changing ip pool and start to 192.168.1.100 (3 digit ) and not 192.168.1.1
It shouldnt make a difference but couldnt hurt to try.
And what is the ip adress of the machine you are pinging from?

Hy All

I have I little request because I noticed “some” problems with wifi config
Do you think is it possible to post a short video to understand all steps ?

Sorry maybe for you it is very easy but I’m not so familiar with ip address hotspot router config ecc ecc

thx and happy new year

Francesco

Hi,
Is your problem related to flashing Reach from firmware 1.2 or 1.4 to 2.1.6 ?
Or have you succesfully flashed Reach and having difficult connecting reach to wifi or vice verca?
Please tell us a what stage you are having problem. We love a screenshot of the latest stage before it goes wrong.

Normally there shouldnt be necessary to change anything on your wifi configuration, so if you need to change something we need to know what symptomes you have

Hy

I resolve my problem( 2.1.6) but honestly I don’t know how… I just plug in - unplug the device; shut down the wifi connection on my smartphone restart the device and after some attempts it works.

So my request was also for other people bur maybe all the rest are more expert than me

Ciao

Francesco

PS small request about stop&go function when will be available ?

Here are some screen of my setup, if that might help somebody.
I run dd-wrt on this router but it also work just fine on other stock devices.
One note about wifi and a lot of AP point in your area. On some older device there could be an issue having multiple access point (AP) on the same channel. Scan your area with an wifi app to discover what signals and at what channel they are on. If your wifi (AP) is on the same channel as another, change channel in your router. I use this app to see overlapping wifi networks. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=no
See pic below

@TB_RTK This device shown is an access point (AP) in your wireless mode setting, not a wifi router. I also see your network configuration is set to bridging You have more than one network?

From: WirelessHack “A router is a network device that can transfer data wirelessly or wired. A router can be a access point but a access point cant be a router.”

Maybe I should try adding another wireless router and change it’s mode to an access point…

Yes, i have a second subnet. VLAN
Its a router with wireless access point. This one https://www.komplett.no/product/746279?noredirect=true#
Running custom fw from dd-wrt

It works! I used the first router (which was my initial/replaced) and connected it to the second new router to create a subnet and it worked perfectly. It is on another channel, maybe this had something to do with it.

Afterwards, It worked like you would expect. I connected to the Reach access point added the new subneted network, clicked to connect in Reachview and viola! It worked! Other than making it a subnet and a different channel not sure what allowed me to connect. Everything else was the same including the original router and settings.

Thanks guys!

Now we can play!

1 Like

@mikem3389 Excellent, good news.
As a last input regarding no connection via wifi, i think if there is a problem its mainly some sort of configuration issu on the user side. To @87YJ i belive his problem is similar.