Can reach be used for static and process with opus

I would like to use this for ststic gps. I just want state plane coords. will reach collect and then send a rinex file to opus for a sollution?

I think OPUS only takes dual frequency L1/L2 RINEX files. Using Reach with nearby CORS station as base will give good static coordinates using L1 only. Also, Canadian CSRS PPP will process L1 only to give static solution worldwide where no base stations are nearby. I won’t go into comparative accuracies, because of the various factors involved. Canadian PPP input requires converting to RINEX 2.11 before submission. All files are automatically selected and results emailed to you.
You only need to submit SINGLE observation RINEX file.

Lots of discussions in FORUM under SEARCH…

my understanding of the Canadian PPP system with only L1 signal, is that it is not very accurate. In fact, I question how usefull it would be as I can’t think of a use case were absolute accuracy of standalone positioning is not good enough, … but the slightly better PPP results are.

Can not dispute what you say. Fortunately, reasonably priced dual L1/L2 receivers are hitting the market. So, if you must have a precise LLH away from a base station, that will probably be the way to go in the next year or so.

@Paul_Zuzgo what antenna type do you use when submitting to OPUS? I don’t think there is any Emlid antenna calibration yet or I may be wrong.

1 Like

Have you received an answer yet?

according to @tatiana.andreeva they are in the process of getting certification.

1 Like

It’s been a while since you posted this. Dos anyone know if the RS2 has been certified for OPUS?

No update yet on antenna calibration. You would have thought this would be the first thing on their menu before selling their products. I use NONE option in OPUS submissions. On the other hand, I tried to test what would the effect be if I used another antenna file like Topcon or Sokkia since I have those other receivers. Difference in vertical values are in mm and can be considered negligible for everyday survey results.

1 Like

Thanks

Hi Seth, Juan,

Indeed, we’re still in the process of getting the details. We’ll post the update on the forum once we get them.

We submitted the units to tests. However, after this, the process doesn’t depend on us anymore. For now, I’m afraid we don’t have any estimations on when the calibrations will be ready. The coronavirus outbreak has delayed this process as well, unfortunately.

Currently, you may consider the antenna height as the distance between the mark and the bottom of Reach RS2 plus 134 mm.

The measurements of the antenna height for Reach RS2 should be enough for obtaining centimeter-level accuracy since the antenna phase center offset value should not exceed several millimeters. That’s why the absence of data calibration details should not affect the overall accuracy drastically.