APM beta-testing

I’m not able to run Mission Planner as I do not have a windows box. On Linux I’m using APMPlanner 2.0.19v-rc5. I don’t have the same GUI options as shown in https://docs.emlid.com/navio2/Navio-APM/installation-and-running/#second-compass-configuration.

Here are the options I set to get it working, after tinkering with a while longer than I care to admin.
COMPASS_EXTERN2 = 1
COMPASS_ORIENT2 = 8
COMPASS_PRIMARY = 1
COMPASS_USER2 = 1

Do a recalibration and should be good to go. Hope that helps someone!

1 Like

I would like to say great work to everyone at Emlid, I have been configuring my s1000+ frame from a pixhawk setup to RPI 3 and Navio2. I noticed at the bottom of the APM page in documents there is a disclaimer about auxiliary options…

WARNING Auxiliary function switches on channels 5-8 are still not supported and could lead to erroneous PWM generation on motors’ channels and that’s why we do ask to NOT SET AUXILIARY FUNCTION SWITCHES TO RC5…8.

Does this mean rc channels 5-8 or the pwm outputs 5-8 on the navio board? I have 8 motors so my avalable auxiliary outs start at 9 to 14. Can I still setup camera trigger from my transmitter channel 7 and connect it to pwm 9?

@Nikker it’s about the outputs, feel free to use outputs 9-14 for auxiliary function.

Thank you, since I’m running octa it seems like it’s not an issue for me.