3DR SOLO with REACH

@timvand @Buckeye_Nick Here’s where I’m at with the Sony a6000, 3DR Solo, and Reach integration. I’m still just waiting on the last piece of the puzzle which is that shutter cable from Flytron.
I was hoping to just give it a test run on time lapse mode while waiting for the trigger cable, however due to the Sony PlayMemories/Playstation payment issues that have plagued them for months, I am unable to purchase the time-lapse app for the camera. Ridiculous that it isn’t just a built in functionality off the shelf!

The mount I’ve designed comes in at about 36 grams, but still has some more optimization to go through which will bring that down even more (This is version 0.6 shown in the pics). It uses the rubber dampeners from the stock fixed GoPro mount and also houses the Reach module so that the whole system is independent and easily removed.

The one question I still have to solve, is where best to locate the antenna? I was planning to mount it on top just next to the battery release button, which would also have it centered exactly above the lens. Is there any reason not to put it there? Also, does it need to have a ground plane or will it work on its own?

3 Likes