[SOLVED] Pi2 Ardupilot build for Navio

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has taken the lastest code from the the GitHub - ArduPilot/ardupilot: ArduPlane, ArduCopter, ArduRover, ArduSub source repo. I compiled it and it seems to be working correctly except I see two threads running. Is this correct?

Start log
Raspberry Pi 2 with BCM2709!
Raspberry Pi 2 with BCM2709!

pi@navio-rpi /var/log $ ps aux | grep APM
root 2661 0.1 0.2 4048 2400 pts/2 S+ 02:20 0:00 sudo ./APMrover2.elf -C /dev/ttyAMA0
root 2662 21.5 5.4 52388 48292 pts/2 SLl+ 02:20 0:03 ./APMrover2.elf -C /dev/ttyAMA0

When I compile the naio repo I get one thread.

Is this correct? I am not sure what is going on here.
Can anyone shed some light into this?

I think you have to run the custom navio image, I don’t think the standard apm will run correctly…

I am using the bleeding edge code and it seems to be working with the apm planner and compiling so I might test it, but does anyone know about the apm codebase multi threads or I did something wrong?

It is ok to get this message two times as different parts of the code detect Pi version. Current APM master should be just fine.

@aquila ardupilot master fully supports Navio+, it is okay to use it, just keep in mind that it might have other non-Navio+ specific bugs at the moment (because that’s not a release version).

Good to know. Thank you

Ok thanks so much. I am not too worried any the bugs as I am running a rover not a quad. Less catastrophic crashes :blush:

2 Likes