ReachView v2.10.2 dev update - CSV export

Hello everyone,

Our holidays only start this Saturday, but I know most of you already are enjoying yours, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :christmas_tree:. Or just happy holidays :slight_smile:

Now, back to business :sunglasses:. We’ve just made the last release of 2017- ReachView v2.10.2, a dev build with the long-awaited CSV export and a couple more nice things.

If you’ve missed the latest ReachView news, we now have two kinds of software releases - the stable and the development builds. If you’ve subscribed to the dev builds and don’t see a prompt in the status tab, just click the “Check for updates” button inside the settings tab.

Features

• CSV export. All projects now have a new export option - CSV. Below’s an example of what you can get:
index,name,longitude,latitude,height,collection start,collection end,solution status,lateral rms,sample count,antenna height
1,Point 1,30.3340455699,59.9603462157,55.7118789474,,,SINGLE,0.2317,57.0,0.0
2,Point 2,30.3340492895,59.9603371139,54.4001153846,,,SINGLE,1.6607,39.0,0.0
3,Point 3,30.3340457047,59.9603429267,55.8687138889,,,SINGLE,0.2168,36.0,0.0
4,Point 4,30.3340740385,59.9603535963,63.91534,2017-12-28 14:54:18 UTC,2017-12-28 14:54:28 UTC,SINGLE,0.182,50.0,0.0
5,Point 5,30.3340798049,59.9603483423,62.5209710526,2017-12-28 14:54:32 UTC,2017-12-28 14:54:40 UTC,SINGLE,0.2048,38.0,0.0
  • The points now have collection time start and end stamps. The attentive might have saw this in the CSV headers above :slight_smile: .
  • Shutdown & Reboot buttons. The settings tab now has a power button at the top, feel free to use it. @l3technologycambodia, sorry for taking so long!

Bug fixes

• RCH-781 WLAN connection problem on startup. This has been bugging our users for a really long time and I’m happy to share we seem to have resolved the issue. @Andreas_Ortner, hope this brings you some peace after all this time.
  • RCH-905 Blink the green LED until the app has started, then go solid. You can now see when ReachView is ready to be accessed(when the green stops blinking on both Reach and Reach RS).
  • RCH-912 Fix Reach RS app header on devices with small screen.
  • RCH-892 Some logs disappear from the system. Another extremely annoying issue, we had multiple reports of logs going missing from the app, but still accessible via SFTP. This update definitely fixes a range of problems, we hope all of them.
  • RCH-865 RCH-864 RCH-854 NMEA format heavily improved. The speed is now in kph! 2-D, also. Fix bad course calculations. Do not show course unless we have significant speed. The full list of changes can be peeked in this pull request of our RTKLIB fork.

The Reach team has been working really hard, and we are going to rest for the next two weeks. Hope you guys like the updates, stay tuned for the next one in January!

Best regards,
Emlid team

14 Likes

Thanks! have nice holidays!!

…did order a ReachRS … new year new fun…

4 Likes

Yes, yes, yes, yes! These are the ones I am particularly excited about. The first two are double-plus good, don’t you think? :wink: Thank you!

And have a well deserved holiday team Emlid! :pause_button:

5 Likes

That’s great update before the holidays!

Can’t wait to see new updates with new features such as Stakeouts, charging status lights…

1 Like

That’s great!
Is there any way to export DOP and variance/covariace matrix for each point in csv?
If not please consider it in next relases!

Many thanks for your work!

Very good job.
Thank you,
Giuliano

1 Like

bug:

changing elevation ask angle - slider does not snap in and hold at a selected position

(he is always moving with mouse courser - os windows browser chrome)

Jupp,

1 Like

Confirmed, will be fixed in the dev release. Thanks!

Nicola,

I feel this would seriously bloat the format. The lateral RMS number shows an evaluation of the point’s precision. GeoJSON has this information for three axis separately.

Will Stakeout tool be released soon?

3 Likes

I understand. When we use the surveying data for land register in Italy we have to declare DOP indicators or variance-covariance matrix value.
I think that only DOP indicators don’t bloat too much the format.

1 Like

Feature request: Triple-tap the power button --> Reach RS blinks out its WiFi IP address

…for troubleshooting

192.168.1.55 would look like:

(rapid triple blink to confirm the button presses you just made)
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
(5 second pause to let you get your pen and paper ready phone ready to text yourself)
… … … … …
:large_blue_circle:
(2 second pause between digits)
… …
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
… …
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
( 5 second pause between octets)
… … … … …
… …
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
… …
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
… … … … …
… … … … …
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
… …
:large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle: :large_blue_circle:
(10 second pause after completion)
… … … … … … … … … …
(blue LED returns to normal status: solid or pulsing)

1 Like

I like it! But could be faster than 1 second per blink; say two blinks per second. This might help cut down the time to complete the whole cycle.

I too am having trouble with this bug. All other functionality is awesome. Software reboot, fantastic.

Hello.
I just installed 2.10.2 on one of my ReachRTK.
Im using an iPhoneSE with ios11.
There is an issue with downloading the survey files, regardless of which is choosen.
There is nothing downloaded to be attached in an email or uploaded to GoogleDrive etc etc.
Suggestions? Or is it just me :wink:

Johan

Some cerea users (me too) did report problems with Nmea stream since last update.

Autosteer Software is not able to parse stream from reach…

1 Like

Are you using the iOS app or just Safari?

Andreas,

Since the last update NMEA is actually much closer to the official standard than it was before. Do you have any idea on what Cerea expects from the stream?