MavLink to FrSky SmartPort Converter

Hey CodeChief,

Thanks for the interest. I will surely take our proposition to the Github issue you mentioned.

Regarding the FrSky SPort battery sensor it surely is possible to translate messages back to MAVLink as the software parser shares the same “abstract” data structure. The code is quite clean. I just didn’t know the Ardupilot accepted sensor values(except RC overrides) through Mavlink. I have never spotted such code but maybe I missed it. If you can point me to a sensor input through MAVLink let me know and I can add the bi-directional support if there is demand for it.

Actually I have been dreaming up of a way to have a virtual sensor code in the Ardupilot that just takes values sent through Mavlink. That is very useful for Auxiliary computer communication like vision position in a general way.

Indeed it is an off the shelve component, you just can’t have them both connected at the same because they share the same pins in the Arduino Nano. I never thought of that scenario and should put a warning against that case in the manual.

The software proxy can be implemented, but if I correctly interpret, you mean to use the Arduino Nano as a USB to Serial converter with the connector already in place?

Again thanks for the feedback