DIY - Reach and antenna box. Poor mans solution

Great work this is awesomeness!
What is powering the reciever at the base and rover?
Also what purpose does the cover above the antenna serve?

Its a 6000 and 10000mah batterybank for reach. If i use a mobile router, a 3cell lipo.
Cover protects antenna from dust, water and other unwanted objects hitting and damage the antenna.
Its not 100% water resistence,but it does a pretty good job.

Thanks. Also are u using the stock antenna that comes with the reach rtk kit? Would apprecitate your feedback on strength and consistency of satellite signal with and without the cover on? I am considering wether its worth while to invest in a more expensive antenna for improved performance?

Love your Base and rover. I am looking to build a similar setup for Getting Accurate Locations of Ground control points for UAV surveys.

Couple questions…
What software do you use to Take the “SHOT”?

I am considering using a High Power Access Point at the Base station for communication to the Rover? Will this work??

Still waiting on my Kit to arrive for testing.

But Basically this is what I want in the end… A Base and rover capable to taking RTK shots for GCP for aerial UAV Mapping that does not cost 10-20K

Any input would be great!

Hi, Yes, stock antenna. More testing when i have some more time to spare. Will update with info as soon as i`ll get there :slight_smile:

absolutely fantastic. i will be building one of these momentarily!

Im going to be very lazy and ask if anyone knows of a thread in the forum that weighs the benefits and problems of various solutions for routing information. Im thinking of using a wifi hotspot as a central router for the tablets that connect to the base and rover Reach modules. That hotspot connects to cellular, so it should be good for corrections and such. however I’m not as concerned about that since this is using the base for corrections, so is a wifi hotspot overkill? should i just use a basic router?

1 Like

Great Job, really good.

2 Likes